Vice President – Assistance Sales
Responsible for the sales and profitability of the collective assistance sales operation at AIG Travel. This operation currently includes the US Assistance sales operation, the Global Assistance Service Program and the Relocation sales operation however this will likely evolve as the PI Services Strategy is implemented.
The role includes the sales, implementation, account management and integration with both internal AIG operations as well as external partners to deliver a suite of assistance services specific to this focused market segment. The individual must have a global view of assistance and effectively navigate the external broker market as well as internal AIG operations.
• Sales experience. Assistance sales experience helpful but not required
• Negotiation skills
• Understanding of AIG infrastructure helpful, but not required
• Underwriting and pricing assistance services
• Strong presentation skills are a required
• Contract/compliance skills are helpful
• Dealing with Fortune 500 companies are critical
• Dealing with major insurance brokers are critical.
• Previous experience and prompt attention to responding to Request for Proposals (RFPs) is a must
• Underwrite and price assistance services utilizing expense analysis and profitability modeling
• Presentation skills
• Extensive travel is required
• Developing sales quotas and driving success of the staff.
• Manage a staff of five individuals focused on the assistance market
• In addition to managing a team, the individual must also be a sales person to help drive the success as a team
• Working closely with our internal operations to meet service level requirements and plan for on-boarding new accounts
• Working with existing partners to meet their requirements
• Working with legal to negotiate and establish service agreements and various contract adjustments with compliance
• Monitor the success of the sales team and account management team to drive customer expectations and our sales efforts
The candidate must have a strong sales background. The ideal candidate will have that background in the specific field of assistance services. Success in sales is a requirement and the applicant should provide tangible examples of significant sales success, activity and a strong sales pipeline. The ideal candidate would have over 10+ years of sales experience.
The candidate would be well-served to have previous AIG experience; however, it is not a requirement. The candidate works with many AIG operations globally so having AIG experience may facilitate this process.
The candidate should have previous underwriting or sales pricing background. While this skill would be best if focused on assistance underwriting/sales, other relevant skills in this area will be critical.
With on-going compliance and legal activities in the assistance sector, knowledge of compliance and service agreements is critical
• Post ID: 49491903 houston