Kingwood Medical Center – Kingwood, Texas
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) – Pediatric Emergency Department
Serving North Harris, East Montgomery and Liberty Counties for more than 20 years, Kingwood Medical Center’s commitment to providing patients with quality healthcare close to home has never been stronger.
The Pediatric Emergency Department - provides emergency and urgent care services from 8 A.M. until Midnight. The care rendered reflects the availability of services provided by Kingwood Medical Center. The Pediatric Emergency Department is equipped with ambulatory patient access, and has 8 patient care treatment rooms.
The services provided by the Pediatric Emergency Department include, but are not limited to:
- Nursing triage and assessment procedures
- Pediatric emergency care and management
- Orthopedic emergency care, management and procedures
- Ear, nose and throat basic care, management and procedures
- General medical emergency care, management and procedures
- Trauma stabilization, wound care, suturing, and related management
- Medications and intravenous fluid administration
Kingwood Medical Center is currently looking for a Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) –Pediatric Emergency Department.
- The Emergency Technician I has the responsibility of supporting the mission of the hospital to be the most comprehensive, cost effective provider of quality healthcare services for the Northeast Houston area.
- Emergency Technician I includes: Unit Secretaries, Patient Care Assistants assigned to the Emergency Care Center.
- The Emergency Technician I is responsible for the administration of basic nursing procedures and or clerical duties involved with the care of hospital patients under the direction of the Registered Nurse RN.
- Duties and assignments parallel with demonstrated competencies.
- The Emergency Technician I is responsible for assisting with routine patient care assignments, working in controlled and/or uncontrolled patient care situations, assisting with/in established nursing care procedures, and assisting in therapeutic, rehabilitative, and preventive activities under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
- Employee will be responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the neonate, infant child, adolescent, adult and geriatric population.
- The Emergency Technician I assist the RN application of the nursing knowledge and principles of growth and development over the life span to identify patient and family requirements relative to age specific needs.
- The Emergency Technician I is responsible for assisting the RN with patient movement, clerical functions and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=03198-68690&lang=en
• Post ID: 51691978 houston