The Woman’s Hospital of Texas – Houston, TX
The Woman's Hospital of Texas opened in 1976 and ever since has remained the state's premier facility dedicated solely to the health of women and newborn infants. Located near the Texas Medical Center, Woman’s offers 397 licensed beds, including a NICU (neonatal intensive care unit) and a full range of women’s health services and newborn infants.
More than 650 board-certified physicians at Woman's offer their expertise and an outstanding level of quality care in the areas of gynecology, obstetrical care, high-risk pregnancy and minimally invasive surgery.
The Woman’s Hospital of Texas is currently looking for a House Supervisor
1. Under the supervision of the Chief Nursing Officer, is responsible and accountable for individual nursing practice and, when applicable, appropriately delegates tasks to provide optimum patient care.
2. Executes decision making in the absence of the Hospital Administrator, with appropriate reporting.
3. Accountable for the distribution and utilization of nursing personnel in the provision of all aspects of patient care.
3. Promotes positive customer service with external and internal department relations.
4. Understands all functional areas and maintains clinical standards within the hospital.
5. Evaluates and applies knowledge of age-related and socioeconomic factors in the care of patients within the hospital.
6. Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities on the unit and with other service areas.
7. Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste, and promoting cost effectiveness.
8. Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
9. Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
10. Communicate effectively with the multidisciplinary team. (physicians, nurses, business office, and medical records) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
11. Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the unit.
12. To uphold the standards of the profession and organization and practice ethically and with integrity.
13. Other duties as assigned
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=00162-74684&lang=en
• Post ID: 54407388 houston