XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Boeing, Home Depot, Ikea, L'Oral and many others. We're growing worldwide. And we're constantly looking for talented individuals at all levels who can deliver the caliber of service our customers require. If you're ready to give us your best, let's talk. We'd like to invest in you. (NYSE: XPO)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Provides support to home delivery services for a designated market region. Position is responsible for managing daily operations of motor carriers. In addition, Operations Manager maintains positive and ongoing relationship with external customer and is responsible for generating positive customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. These are the most significant job duties performed; other responsibilities or assignments not specifically mentioned may also be assigned (please list 5-8 responsibilities along with percentage of time associated with each).
- Minimum Required Education: Associates degree in a business related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum Required Experience: 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Desirable Education/Experience: Bachelors degree in Logistics or Supply Chain Management with two years of logistics management experience and knowledge of DOT and OSHA regulations.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES (list special certifications/licenses that are required or desirable to perform this job):
JOB RELATED COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical Skills -
- Identifies and resolves problems.
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Identifies opportunities to increase accuracy and optimize resources and develops/recommends/implements solutions.
- Develops insightful, value-added and actionable analyses with detailed explanations regarding drivers of those results.
- Communication Skills
- Writes clearly and informatively. Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Presents organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience.
- Excellent negotiation skills to deal effectively with individuals and groups within and outside the organization.
- Utilizes variety of interpersonal styles and communication methods to effectively adapt to new work structures, processes, or cultures.
- Time Management Skills -
- Demonstrates follow-up skills.
- Provides timely and professional support to all internal/external customers and vendors.
- Prioritizes regular workload, special tasks and concurrent projects, allocating time and resources to ensure that work is completed accurately and efficiently within established time frame.
- Leadership Skills (for Managers/Supervisor)
- Effective organizational, leadership and presentation skills.
- Strong business focus with demonstrated ability to act in partnership with management teams.
- Proven leadership and collaboration skills with the ability to effectively supervise, coach and influence employees.
- Other -
- Team-oriented. Consults with Team members and management as needed to complete assigned responsibilities.
- Works with minimal supervision.
- Establishes and maintains effective, collaborative work relationships both internally and externally.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Strong Fluency user of Windows applications and Microsoft Office programs such as MS Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Accurately inputs information into and retrieves from the computer.
- Quickly learns and achieves proficiency in new software applications as needed.
- Other Technical / Computer Skills -
- Thorough knowledge of internal company software applications applicable to position/business unit
- Understands and is familiar with the most widely known and emerging tools, technologies and social applications.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS- The Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office / cubicle work space with moderate noise level.
- Warehouse environment with exposure to temperature changes.
Hours of Work/Travel
- Extended hours including weekends.
- Hours cover early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Local travel between branches required occasionally.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Spends most of day on phone
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
or contact us at email@example.com